Direct to Tenant Rent Supplement Program
What is it?
- A subsidy paid directly to an eligible tenant to assist with their rental costs;
- Delivered by local housing operators (management bodies) located in various areas throughout the province;
- Subsidy is based on the difference between 30 percent of a household’s income and an agreed upon market rent, to a maximum subsidy established by the housing operator.
Who qualifies for it?
- Applicant must meet the 2014 Core Need Income Thresholds and citizenship requirements;
- Priority for assistance will be based on assisting those in greatest need first.
For more information please call 780-422-0122 or click Find Housing to search for a housing provider in your area.
For More Information
If you are having difficulties finding a housing provider, or there is no housing provider in your area, please contact your nearest Housing Development and Operations office below:
Edmonton: 780-422-0122 (dial 310-0000 for toll-free access in Alberta)