Public Search Registry
Warranty coverage is required for every new home constructed in Alberta.
The public registry allows homeowners, builders, real estate professionals and financial institutions to search for warranty information.
The registry provides information about:
- the name and contact information of the warranty provider,
- when the warranty coverage commenced, and
- whether or not a home has warranty coverage.
- Homes where the building permit was applied for before February 1, 2014, will not appear in the registry. Warranty requirements were not in effect prior to this date.
- Files in process or not yet approved will not appear in the public registry.