Warranty coverage is required for every new home constructed in Alberta.
The Property Registry allows homeowners, builders, real estate professionals, and financial institutions to search for warranty-related information.
The Property Registry provides information about:
- the name and contact information of the warranty provider,
- when the warranty coverage commenced, and
- whether or not a home has warranty coverage.
- Homes where the building permit was applied for before February 1, 2014, will not appear in the registry. Warranty requirements were not in effect prior to this date.
- Files in process or not yet approved will not appear in the Property Registry.
Builder Registry: Information about builders operating in Alberta is also available from the tab located in the top left-hand corner of the registry. Visit the Builder Registry to learn more.