Municipal Cannabis Transition Program
- Alberta's Municipal Cannabis Transition Program was announced on October 15, 2018.
- Program materials, including guidelines, application and reporting forms are now available.
The Municipal Cannabis Transition Program (MCTP), announced on October 15, 2018, will provide $11.15 million over two years to the 52 Alberta municipalities that pay for their own policing. The primary objective of the two year MCTP is to support municipalities in addressing enforcement and administrative costs related to the legalization of cannabis in Alberta.
- Deadline to submit applications: February 1, 2019
- Deadline to submit Statement of Funding and Expenditures (SFEs): May 1 of each year
- Application forms and SFEs have been e-mailed to eligible municipalities.
- Program guidelines
- Municipal allocations by year