How to Apply
Participants in the Municipal Internship Program have a unique opportunity to begin their professional careers in a role that is unlike many "first" jobs after completing their education.
As an intern you will…
- Be coached and supported by senior municipal staff
- Gain extensive knowledge of municipal management and/or planning
- Build your skills through hands-on experience
- Participate in a wide variety of municipal activities
- Establish an extensive network of professional in the municipal field
- Receive a salary and support for professional development
- Become part of a field in which enthusiastic, passionate and skilled employees are in demand
To learn more on how to apply to be an intern, click here.
As a host organization in the Municipal Internship Program, you have a unique opportunity to help train, develop, and mentor a new professional in the municipal field.
As a host you can...
- Help develop future municipal leaders and build the capacity of municipal governments
- Bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to your organization
- Share you experiences in municipal administration and planning
- Possibly discover a new employee to address succession planning need in your organization
- Work with interns who are educated, energetic and want to contribute
- Gains assistance with special projects