How Do I Apply?
Applying for the 2018 Program
The application deadline for the 2018 program is September 1, 2017.
There will be 15 internship positions for the 2018 program.
How to Apply: via Alberta Community Partnership Online (ACPO)
You can apply for the Municipal Internship Program through the ACPO, which enables applications to be submitted online. Learn more about the ACPO by clicking here. Once on the ACPO page, you will find the application form under Current Program Materials (scroll down the page).
Municipalities will need access to MAConnect in order to use the ACPO. If your municipality does not already have access, visit the ACP website for directions on how to request it.
How to Apply: via Email
If you wish to complete the application form and submit it via email, you can link to the form here.
The Application Form is published in a fillable PDF. Adobe Reader 9.1 or higher is required to view the form. If you get an error when opening the form in Chrome or Firefox, we recommend that you download the forms by right-clicking the link and click "Save Link As". You should be able to open the forms from the saved location. Alternately, you may use Internet Explorer to access the forms.
Selection process for host organizations
- Organizations interested in hosting an intern submit applications for the Alberta Community Partnership Grant Program [Municipal Internship (MI) component] to the ministry by September 1, 2017.
- A ministry selection panel reviews all applications received and recommends the organizations to be selected. Selection is based on the attributes of the organization as reflected in the application, as well as ensuring a balance of:
- new and repeat hosts;
- geographically dispersed locations;
- large and small municipalities;
- urban and rural centres; and
- regional partnering.
- The list of recommended hosts is sent to the Minister of Municipal Affairs for approval. All applicants will be notified in writing whether or not they have been selected as a host.
- Selected host organizations will also be contacted by Internship Program staff to provide further detail on the Program and administrative requirements.