Municipal Internship Program
The Municipal Internship Program is offered by Alberta Municipal Affairs to help build the management capacity of Alberta’s municipal governments. By supporting municipalities and planning service agencies to host interns, and recruiting recent post-secondary graduates interested in a career in municipal administration, finance or land use planning, the Municipal Internship Program aims to train and develop well-rounded future leaders for the province’s municipalities.
News & Events
News for Interns
- The Seventh installment of the Intern Alumni Spotlight has been posted! Stay connected, get some advice, and learn about what our Intern Alumni are up to.
- Check out our Facebook page for information and photos from the program, plus resources to help build your career.
- All candidates for the 2016 Intenship Program have now started their internships. Congratulations to those who were selected!
- Applications for the 2017 Internship Program will be due in February 2017. Information for the 2017 Program will be posted here starting in July 2016.
News for Hosts
- Application deadline for the 2017 Program will be October 1, 2016.
- There will be 16 positions in the 2017 program.
- Click on "How Do I Apply" under For Hosts (top tabs) for all the application details!