Financial Reporting Requirements
The Municipal Government Act (MGA) requires that each municipality and regional services commission prepare statistical and financial information returns . These reports, including the annual municipal auditor's reports, should be submitted to Municipal Affairs by the dates specified in the MGA. The following links provide detailed information regarding reporting requirements.
- Municipal Statistical Return
- Financial Returns and Sample Statements
- Service Commission Financial Information and Sample Statements
Tools and Resources
- Municipal Corporate Planning Guide
- Municipal Corporate Planning Templates
- Asset Management
- Example Tax Rate Bylaw
- Milenet - Milenet is the portal which provides access to both the Municipal Financial Indicator Graphs and the Key Measures of Municipal Sustainability report. For information on interpreting the graphs or to inquire about access to the Milenet site, please contact a Financial Advisor via the contact information below. Please note that access to Milenet is restricted to municipal staff of each municipality.