The builder registry is an online source of information to research Alberta's residential builders. Municipalities, warranty providers, and consumers can use the registry to find out who is licensed to construct new homes in Alberta.
The directory provides information about residential builders including:
- Builder name and contact information
- Location of homes built
- Licence status and class
- Any previous licence(s) held
Registry Search Tips
- Enter information in the fields provided. A user can search by any of the following criteria:
- builder name,
- person in control,
- builder ID number,
- licence ID number,
- location of builder, or
- location of homes built
- When all available information is entered, click the Search button.
- The registry will return a list of results in a table at the bottom of the page.
- Click on one of the results to see more informtion about the builder.
Home owner - what if your builder is not listed here?
Property Registrations: Information about new home warranty property registrations is available here. Click on the tab "Property Registry" to conduct a search.
Residential builders intending to build new homes in Alberta must have a builder licence. Information about applying for a licence is available on the Licence Application page.