Petroleum Tank Management Association of Alberta
The Petroleum Tank Management Association of Alberta (PTMAA) is a not-for-profit society delegated by the Province of Alberta the authority to register petroleum storage tank systems regulated under Part 4 of the Alberta Fire Code. The PTMAA is also delegated the authority to certify individuals to install, remove, repair and test storage tank systems.
Services provided by the PTMAA include:
- All matters related to the registration of petroleum storage tanks.
- Approval of individuals who install, test, maintain, alter, upgrade or remove petroleum tank storage systems.
- Ensuring that storage tank systems are designed, installed, upgraded, or operated in accordance with the Alberta Fire Code.
- Compliance monitoring of new storage tank installations.
- In-service inspection of existing storage tank installations.
- Monitoring of storage tank closures.
- Accident or incident investigation.
For more information about the PTMAA and its services, contact: